- Will lilacs be available for purchase?
Lilacs will be available for purchase 7 days a week starting March 31. Please check our Facebook or Instagram pages for lilac bloom updates.
Flower sale hours will be:
Monday through Friday 10 am - 4 pm
Saturday 10 am - 5 pm
Sunday 12 pm - 5 pm
Online bouquet purchases will be available for your convenience!
We cannot guarantee that lilacs will be available every day of the Lilac Festival, as agriculture is out of our control and difficult to predict. For that reason, we will only make enough online purchases available that we can guarantee.
- How do I take care of my lilac bouquet?
Please click here for care instructions.
- What are the hours of the Lilac Festival?
Saturdays 10 am – 5 pm; Sunday 12 pm – 5 pm. Weekends only, April 9 through May 1.
Special hours with limited activities and availability for Easter Sunday, April 17.
- When I purchase my tickets online, how will I receive them?
An automated email from Ecwid is sent to the email address that you submit on the purchase page. That email will include your 4-digit order #. The order # and purchaser's name is all we really need to get your group checked in.
Do not be alarmed by your email with order confirmation being in the "Awaiting Fulfillment" status. It will be marked "Delivered" when you check in, or after the date of your reservation has passed.
- Can I purchase individual activities?
Discounted activities for the Festival Package may be available after 3:00 pm. Activities will be limited to what is still available on the activity schedule.
Fairy and Dino Garden Making will be available every day of the event, while supplies last and when staffing is available.
- Can I show up to participate in the activities that I’ve purchased anytime throughout the day?
We have appointment start times available by reservation through our online store. You will be lead on a guided tour of activities. Please check in at least 15 minutes before your start time, as you may miss out on some of the activities if you are late.
- Do I have to pay for activities if I just want to see the lilacs and walk around?Admission without activities is $5 per person, to be paid on site.The $5 admission allows you to walk the grounds, walk through the Lilac Maze, go on top of the fort, play on tire swings, and the self-guided walking tour.The $5 admission does not allow admission or participation in any of the paid activity areas (petting zoo, reptile show, hayride, crafts, or the Adventure Area: archery, tomahawk throwing, slingshot gallery). Parents accompanying children will need to purchase activity packages.
- Do I need to purchase activities online or can I show up and purchase activities when I arrive?
You will need to purchase activity packages online. If there's availability, you can purchase online the day of.
But it is strongly recommended to purchase ahead of time to guarantee your spot.
If you are just paying for the $5 General Admission, and want to upgrade to an activity package, you can do so at the Gift Shop.
It is very likely that we will have plenty of availability for the Festival Package, but once the Adventure Package reservations have sold out, we will likely not be able to accommodate walk-ins, as that area has limited space.
- How long will it take to complete the activities in each package?
The Festival Package usually takes approximately 2.5 hours to complete.
The Adventure Package usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour. But as the archery and tomahawk throwing are offered as unlimited, the time it takes varies depending on how long you want to do it.
- Can I leave and come back?
For General Admission and for the Festival Package activities, yes you can leave and come back the same day.
For the Adventure Package, there is no re-entry once you leave. Restroom facilities are not available inside the Adventure Area, so please keep that in mind as you plan your day.
- Can I purchase activities for my kids and let them do them by themselves?
Children under 13 years old must be accompanied by an adult, who has also paid for the same activity package, in order to participate in the activity packages. Parental supervision is extremely important at all times.
- I have young children, do I have to pay for them?
Up to two children three years old and under are allowed to accompany for free, per paying adult. Additional children under three years old will have an admission fee of $5 each which will allow them to accompany a paying adult.
This will give them access into the petting zoo, reptile show, hoedown, and hayride. Although the candle dipping and craft would not be included for them, the parent will usually allow their accompanying child to take their place for those activities.
- Are the activities only for kids?
Definitely not! The Festival Activity Package is intended for all ages.
The Adventure Package (archery, tomahawk throwing, slingshots) is intended for anyone able to operate and hold the equipment properly; usually older kids and adults.
- Is the property wheelchair accessible?
There are no stairs to hinder a wheelchair, however there are some inclines throughout the property with rugged terrain that may be difficult for a wheelchair to get through.
- Are dogs allowed?
Woohoo yes! We love puppies of all ages. You already know they need to be on a leash, but please feel free to bring them! Except in the petting zoo and reptile show… Please do not bring them in there (duh).
- Will there be food available for purchase?
Sometimes we do have a food vendor that sets up for events, but at this time there are no plans for that at this year's Lilac Festival. Our recommendation is to check across the street at Julian Station. They sometimes have a a pop-up food stand set up on the patio.
There is also Wynola Pizza & Bistro and Jeremy's on the Hill within walking distance. Expect delays during weekends, so plan to order before you're starving!
And you are also more than welcome to pack food and enjoy a picnic lunch on site with paid admission! Picnic tables available throughout the property.
We will have snacks (chips, candy, etc.) and drinks available for purchase in the gift shop.
- I purchased tickets and can't make it! Can I get a refund?
We're very sorry, but all sales are final. There are no refunds or date transfers. Although you are welcome to give your reservations to someone else. They would just need proof of purchase, with order number and purchaser's name, in order to check in.
- Will I get a refund if the event is cancelled?
Although not likely, if we have to cancel an event, you will receive a transfer code in the amount that was paid. It will be valid toward future events.
- What happens if it rains?
We expect to be open and operating, rain or shine. If it is particularly cold, we will move the candle dipping and craft into our barn, where there is a wood burning stove to warm up.
- Do you offer a military discount?
Yup! 25% off regularly priced packages for active and retired military personnel, and up to 3 people in their group. Valid ID must be presented. Discount not valid on retail items or individual activities.
- Is parking free?
Yes, parking is free for customers.
Back to the Lilac Festival page