Lilac Bouquet Care Instructions
To give your lilac flowers the longest vase life, please follow these instructions:
- Keep away from heat.
- Make sure to clean the vase every day and replace with fresh cold water each time.
- Every few days, or when the flowers start looking "sad", do the Snip n' Smash Method.
- With scissors, make a diagonal cut through, about an inch from the bottom of the stem.
- Smash the ends with a mallet or hammer OR make vertical slits up the stem, about an inch.
The stem of the lilac is sometimes very thick, like roses, so the fibers need to be broken down so
that the water and nutrients can make its way up the stem to where it's needed.
- For a bouquet of lilacs, we recommend adding a teaspoon of white vinegar and a tablespoon of white
sugar each day when you change out the water.
Good luck with your beautiful arrangement and thank you so much for
helping to support our family business, Fort Cross!