Open Sign Up!
July 19, 2021
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Check-in begins at 9:40 am
*Kids 3 and under are free to accompany only*
No group minimum required to sign up!
Contact the group coordinator to sign up for this event.
From the Rancheros to the 49ers, learn about the early days of California! Take home some treasures!
- Native Village: Wikkiup building, corn grinding, and overview of local native history
- Adobe Brick Making: with an overview of California Missions
- Gold Panning and sluicing: Find out how to identify real gold and learn the miner's panning technique
- Music & Hoedown: Folk dancing with jug band participation
- Rope Making & Rope Games: Simple mechanics, some twine, and a little elbow grease is all it takes to make a rope! Then we'll prepare to be cowboys by learning how to lasso! And then we'll see who can win a game of tug o'war
- Mountain Man Camp: Visit the lonely camp with the lean-to shelter and help identify the different furs and hides
- Petting Zoo: Come see some of the animals that were needed on the farm. There are also a few animals that you would not find on a farm that our mountain man traded for!
- Gift Shop will be open!
Things to bring:
Closed Toe Shoes
Plenty of Water
Money for Gift Shop
Spirit of Adventure!
*Contact Mountain Graze if you are interested in purchasing a charcuterie box full of delicious picnic treats. It will be delivered and ready for you upon arrival. 760-445-5526
This is a hands on educational field trip and fun for kids of all ages, as well as adults!
Open Sign-up Prices:
(no group minimum requirement)
$25 per child aged 4 - 17
$15 per adult aged 18+
Kids 3 and under are free to accompany a paying adult
If you have a group of 25 students or more, and would like to schedule your own day for a field trip of your choice at a lower rate, please feel free to contact us!
Field trip program information available here!