Open Sign Up!
June 9, 2023
10 am - 2 pm
Check-in begins at 9:35 am
*Kids 3 and under are free to accompany only*
No group minimum required to sign up!
From the Rancheros to the 49ers, learn about the early days of California! Take home some treasures!
- Native Village: Overview of local native history
- Adobe Brick Making: with an overview of California Missions
- Gold Panning and Sluicing: Find out how to identify real gold and learn the miner's panning technique
- Music & Hoedown: Folk dancing with jug band participation
- Rope Making & Rope Games: Simple mechanics, some twine, and a little elbow grease is all it takes to make a rope! Then we'll prepare to be cowboys by learning how to lasso! And then we'll see who can win a game of tug o'war
- Mountain Man Camp: Visit the lonely camp with the lean-to shelter and help identify the different furs and hides
- Native Reptiles: Which reptiles are native to the California climate? Maybe even meet some reptiles that would have been traded from exotic places!
- Gift Shop will be open!
Things to bring:
Closed Toe Shoes
Plenty of Water
Money for Gift Shop
Spirit of Adventure!
This is a hands on educational field trip and fun for kids of all ages, as well as adults!
Open Sign-up Prices:
(no group minimum requirement)
$25 per child aged 4 - 17
$15 per adult aged 18+
Kids 3 and under are free to accompany a paying adult
If you have a group of 25 students or more, and would like to schedule your own day for a field trip of your choice at a lower rate, please feel free to contact us!
Field trip program information available here!