Open Sign Up!
April 19 & May 13, 2019
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
From the Rancheros to the 49ers, learn about the early days of California! Take home some treasures!
- Native Village: Wikkiup building, corn grinding, and overview of local native history
- Adobe Brick Making: with an overview of California Missions
- Gold Panning and sluicing: Find out how to identify real gold and learn the miner's panning technique
- Music & Hoedown: Folk dancing with jug band participation
- Nature Walk: Learn about the the plant and animal life in our area of California. Find out their uses and how to identify them!
- Rope Making & Rope Games: Simple mechanics, some twine, and a little elbow grease is all it takes to make a rope! Then we'll prepare to be cowboys by learning how to lasso! And then we'll see who can win a game of tug o'war
- Mountain Man Camp: Visit the lonely camp with the lean-to shelter and help identify the different furs and hides
- Petting Zoo: Come see some of the animals that were needed on the farm. There are also a few animals that you would not find on a farm that our mountain man traded for!
- Gift Shop will be open!
This is a hands on educational field trip and fun for kids of all ages, as well as adults!
$25 per child aged 4 - 17
$13 per adult aged 18+
Kids 3 and under are free to attend
We are a vendor for Inspire Charter Schools!
Groups of 25 students or more are eligible for student pricing of $20 or less. Inquire for more info!
If you have a group of 25 students or more, and would like to schedule your own day for a field trip of your choice at a lower rate, please feel free to contact us!
Field trip program information available here!